The zombie plague is often fictionalized and embellished for television and literature, but it is a very serious issue. Many know someone who has been affected in some way, whether they realize it or not. Please show your support in any way you can. One of the easiest ways to do so is by learning more about this horrible affliction. Below are some valuable resources. You can also visit the Zombie Research Society's website and join their book club or just read their blog. The information they provide is invaluable.
Books to Read
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The original version from Jane Austen, before her publisher and "officials" made her rewrite it to remove the truth. An important piece of work showing the outbreak of her time.
- World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War Enough said. Accounts from those that have been there.
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Zombies, written by the ZRS's own Matt Mogk.
- Night of the Living Dead Does this really need an explanation?
- 28 Days Later Informative and terrifying at the same time. Plus, it has an awesome joke right at the beginning.
- Shaun of the Dead Not only is this movie entertaining, it gives an excellent depiction of how to handle yourself during a zombie invasion