|The tree at the New York Public Library|
- First, on December 24th, 25th, and 27th, The Seven Keys of Alaesha will be free for Kindle! Yes, you heard that right. Absolutely free! So make sure you grab your copy!
- Second, from December 25th through January 1st, the Jane Holiday Pack will be $2.99. For the price of a single novella in the series, you can get the first 5, plus additional material! What a steal! Make sure you grab your copy because it will be disappearing on January 2nd.
- Third, Blood of the Dragon is currently $.99. That special price will be jumping back up come the New Year, so grab your copy now. If you have a Nook and want to purchase it at the discount price, you can do so through Smashwords. (Barnes & Noble has had issues for a very long time and I have been unable to update the price through them directly.)
- Fourth, Cursed will be out shortly after the New Year. Since I just released Magical Christmas around Thanksgiving, I wanted to space out the release a bit more.
|A Nutcracker Christmas, teddy bear style|
|Mixed berry, white chocolate cranberry|
Peanut butter & jelly, candy cane
Superbly Delicious Scones
1/3 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking powder (the round can)
1/2 tsp baking soda (the box)
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (3/4 cup), cut in 1/2-inch pieces
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Whatever additions you want to make
1/4 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Using your hands, mix in the butter, working it until it is thoroughly incorporated and the mixture is crumbly.
4. Make a well in the center of the mixture and add the buttermilk, vanilla, and whatever additions you are making. Combine the ingredients well, but do not need. You want bits of whatever tasty treats you added to be spread throughout, not blended in.
5. Either turn out onto a floured surface and cut using a biscuit cutter or drop directly onto a non-stick cookie sheet using a teaspoon.
6. Brush the tops with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar.
7. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint candies (crush 1 cup so you can use the remaining 1/4 to sprinkle the tops)
- 1 1/2 cups of mixed fruit, or 1/2 cup each of blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans and 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup white chocolate chips and 3/4 cup dried cranberries (my favorite)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter and 1/2 cup raspberry, strawberry, or grape preserves
- 2 bananas, sliced, and 1/2 cup butterscotch chips